Terms & Conditions
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking;
- he/she accepts communications, correspondence and notices issued by us or our agents on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
- Booking & Paying For Your Arrangements
- Accuracy of Advertising Material
- Health Requirements
- Dive Qualification / Dive Experience Requirements
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- Cutting your holiday short
- If You Change Your Booking & Transfers of Bookings
- If You Cancel Your Booking Before Departure
- If We Change or Cancel
- Events Beyond our Control
- Special Requests
- Disabilities and Medical Problems
- Your Behaviour
- Our Responsibilities
- Insolvency Protection
- Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements & Health Formalities
- Conditions of Suppliers
- Prompt Assistance
- Delays, Missed Transport Arrangements and other Travel Information
- Advance Passenger Information
- Foreign Office Advice
- Client Trust Account
- Egypt Offers August 2021
Booking & Paying For Your Arrangements
A booking may include, but is not limited to, a combination of flights, transport, accommodation, vessel bookings, transfers, excursions, diving equipment, meals, luggage transfer services and car hire.
A booking is made with us when you pay us a deposit (or full payment if you are booking within 90 days of departure) and we issue you with a booking confirmation and an invoice.
Unless specifically agreed otherwise, in which case payment details will be confirmed by Blue O Two in your booking confirmation, payments will be due in accordance with our defined payment terms and conditions, available at https://blueotwo.com/payment-and-cancellation-terms.
We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you or your travel agent. If your confirmed arrangements include a flight, we (or if you booked via an authorised agent of ours, that agent) will also issue you with an ATOL Certificate.
Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the ATOL Certificate or booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes can not be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within seven (7) days of our sending it out. Any changes made after seven (7) days will be subject to clause 9.
If we do not receive this balance in full and on timein accordance with our defined payment terms and conditions, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case we shall retain your deposit.
Any money paid to an authorised agent of ours in respect of a booking covered by our ATOL is held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times, but subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail financially. If we do fail financially, any money held at that time by the agent or subsequently accepted from the consumer by the agent, is and continues to be held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
Where payment is not made using sterling, United States Dollars, Australian Dollars or Euro, we will convert the payment amount into one of these currencies calculated through an agreed independent third party resource (e.g. www.xe.com) at the time of booking.
Accuracy of Advertising Material
We endeavour to ensure that all the information, availability, prices, representative availability and surcharges (including equipment hire) on our advertising materials are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
We endeavor to ensure that the information regarding marine life and water and air temperatures on our website are accurate, however, we are unable to guarantee sightings of marine life or water temperatures during any booking.
We do not guarantee the provision of Nitrox during diving activities booked by us.
Adequate diving and travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us including:
- Dive Injury Insurance: covering all risks, costs and expenses likely to be incurred as a result of a diving injury, including but not limited to re-compression chamber treats, air evacuation, and loss or damage to possessions. We recommend that this insurance covers SCUBA diving to 40m as a minimum as well as any other SCUBA activities that are confirmed in your itinerary or you may reasonable expect to be carrying out as part of your booking;
- Medical Evacuation Insurance: covering all risks, costs and expenses likely to arise from a diving injury or necessitating your evacuation to a place of specialist care, including but not limited to low altitude air evacuation; specialist treatment and direct; and indirect losses; and
- Travel Insurance.
You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness, diving injuries and medical evacuation.
Suitable diving insurance policies for your booking may include Dive Assure, Divers Alert Network as well as your preferred diving insurer covering the risks, costs and expenses raised in (a). Blue OTwo are unable to offer advice on insurance.
You must provide us with the name of your insurers and your policy number when you book with us or as soon as possible thereafter. If you have not provided us with the name of your insurer and policy number within fourteen (14) days of booking (or three (3) days before departure if your booking is made within fourteen (14) days of departure) we reserve the right to cancel your booking and refund all payments you have made to us.
If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
The provision of activities during your holiday is dependent on you being medically fit to participate in the activities. You are strongly advised to undergo a full medical examination before your holiday. If you are 28 weeks pregnant (or more) on the date of departure, you must provide us with a medical certificate demonstrating your fitness to travel and ability to participate in the activities on your booking.
We reserve the right to prevent your participation in any activities if you are deemed medically unfit to do so or in our sole discretion, you are not fit to participate in the activities.
If, as part of your holiday, you will be SCUBA diving, you are required to complete a medical questionnaire upon arrival at the resort, available in advance at https://blueotwo.com/forms. If we are unsure as to your fitness to SCUBA dive, you may be required to undergo a medical examination locally.
If you hold a diving medical certificate, a copy of the certificate should be taken on your holiday.
Dive Qualification / Dive Experience Requirements
Where your holiday requires any Mandatory or Recommended minimum dive qualifications and experience, in order to participate in diving on your holiday (e.g. Advanced Open Water) you will be notified before booking. You will be required to present the qualification card(s) and recent log book(s)upon check-in onto the vessel to prove your Mandatory or Recommended dive qualifications and experience.
Important Note: Where the required qualification card(s) and recent log books are not presented or the dive crew are not satisfied that you meet the minimum dive qualifications, safety requirements or experience for the dive, the dive crew have final judgement and have the right to refuse access to the dive sites during the holiday.
During the holiday, guests are responsible for their own dive profiles and must stay within the limits of their certification, follow dive computer guidelines and make safety stops. They must also follow any instruction given by the dive crew aboard the vessel.
Please contact us on email@example.com you have any questions about these requirements.
Mandatory: It is mandatory that all divers hold the correct minimum diving qualification (or equivalent) and minimum number of logged dives for the itinerary you are booked on.
Recommended: It is recommended that all divers hold the correct minimum diving qualification (or equivalent) and minimum number of logged dives for the itinerary you are booked on.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed holidays solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
- the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources;
- the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the holiday imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the holiday, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; and
- the exchange rates relevant to the package.
Such variations could include but are not limited to airline cost changes which are part of our contracts with airlines (and their agents), cruise ship operators and any other transport providers.
You will be charged for the amount of any increase in accordance with this clause 6. However, if this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of your confirmed holiday (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 7 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you less an administrative fee of £10. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed holiday within twenty (20) days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
You can access the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 at:
Cutting your holiday short
If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your holiday not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
If You Change Your Booking & Transfers of Bookings
If you wish to change any part of your booking after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you must inform us in writing as soon as possible. This should be done by the first named person on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of an administration fee of £50 per person per change, as well as any costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers in making this change. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with clause 10.
If you decide not to participate in any diving activities or you are unable to participate due to reasons mentioned in clause 4, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Transfer of Booking:
If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
- we are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £50 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as outlined in clause 10 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
If You Cancel Your Booking Before Departure
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone on +44 (0) 1752 480808 or by post to our registered office. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices and will be effective from the date on which we receive it.
Should one or more member of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those still travelling and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, unless specifically agreed otherwise, in which case payment details will be confirmed by Blue O Two in your booking confirmation, you will have to pay the cancellation charges found at https://blueotwo.com/payment-and-cancellation-terms.
Please note that insurance premiums and amendments charges are not refundable in any circumstances.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
Additional ‘Corona Clause’:
Our standard Terms and Conditions apply.
If you cannot travel due to Covid-19, we will honour the monies paid to us and move the booking to a later date. For this to be applicable, one of the following must apply:
- You have contracted the virus within 30 days to departure and can provide medical evidence to support this
- OR Within 14 days to departure, your final destination country prevents you from entering due to their governmental guidelines and restrictions on your country of residence
- OR Within 14 days to departure, your country of residence prevents you from departing due to their governmental guidelines and restrictions on the embarkation point for the liveaboard
If any of the above do not apply, it is your responsibility to get yourself to the point of embarkation.
The ‘Corona Clause’ can be removed at any time.
Cancellation by You due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances:
You have the right to cancel your confirmed holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the holiday or significantly affecting the transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, we shall provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid but we will not be liable to pay you any additional compensation. Please note that your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against travel to your destination or its immediate vicinity. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
This clause 10 outlines the rights you have if you wish to cancel your booking. Please note that there is no automatic statutory right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (Directive 2011/83/EU).
If We Change or Cancel
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers, changes to vessels, changes to the vessel departure port resulting in a delay of less than 12 hours, changes to dive sites and dive times by less than 12 hours.Where a vessel departure port is changed, we will endeavour to provide transport from the original departure to the new departure. Please note that carriers such as airlines and vessels used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements by more than 12 hours.
- A change of UK departure airport except between:
- The London airports: Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, London City and Southend
- The South Coast airports: Southampton, Bournemouth and Exeter
- The South Western airports: Cardiff and Bristol
- The Midlands airports: Birmingham, East Midlands and Doncaster Sheffield
- The Northern airports: Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds Bradford
- The North Eastern airports: Newcastle and Teesside
- The Scottish airports: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Prestwick and Aberdeen
- A significant change to your itinerary.
- A significant change to your itinerary, changing any overseas airports and ports and resulting in a delay of over 12 hours.
We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than ninety (90) days before your departure date, except for reasons of Events Beyond our Control or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- cancelling your booking and having a refund of all monies paid; or
- if available and where we offer one, accepting an offer of an alternative holiday (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
If we cancel or make a significant change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you, we will pay you compensation as detailed below, in the following circumstances:
- If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
- If we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available and/or we do not offer one.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
|Period before departure in which we notify you||Amount you will receive from us*|
|More than 56 days||nil|
|Between 56 and 28 days||£10.00|
|Between 27 to 14 day||£20.00|
|13 days or less||£30.00|
*IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make a minor change;
- where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than ninety (90) days before departure;
- where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
- where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
- where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Events Beyond our Control (see clause 12).
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangements that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will, if possible, make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
Events Beyond our Control
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Events Beyond our Control”. We will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by you in connection with your booking through another supplier such as insurance, flights, hotels, transfers or ground arrangements including car hire. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Events Beyond our Control means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
Brexit Implications: please note that certain travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports and changes etc. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our customers as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, we would treat any such changes as Events Beyond our Control, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation.
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking e.g. diet, room location, a particular facility at a hotel etc. You should then confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed by us. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
If you require any extra equipment or gasses or would like to complete some dive training whilst on your holiday, please let us know at the time of booking.
Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your booking, please provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
We make every effort to ensure that your holiday arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please contact email@example.com.
If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally within thirty (30) days of the end of your stay, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause 15 may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
All our customers are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager, flight attendants, skippers, or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, abuse, threats, danger or annoyance to any other customers or any third party, or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other arrangements immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other arrangements will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination.
You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure. We reserve the right to take a deposit at the time of issuing any equipment to you. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
Some of the activities offered by us can be considered dangerous. It is extremely important that you listen to the advice and guidance given by our staff or local representative(s). You should not participate in any activities whilst under the influence of alcohol or any drugs. We shall have no liability to you if you participate in activities against our advice or guidance or if you are under the influence.
Children under eighteen (18) years of age must not be left unsupervised while on-board or in the water. Parents and guardians are responsible for the supervision of children under eighteen (18) years of age. One parent or guardian must supervise children during dives. This may mean that parents or guardians are unable to dive together. Guests are not advised to bring children under the age of twelve (12) on a liveaboard safari due to the environment and the nature of the holiday.
- Where you are a resident of a country within the European Economic Area, we will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an “organiser” under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, as set out below and as such, we are responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in your package, as set out in your confirmation invoice. Subject to these Booking Conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your package holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage,
expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
- the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- Events Beyond our Control (as defined in clause 12).
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- Claims in respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, or any stay in a
- The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- In any circumstances in which a carrier is liable to you by virtue of EC 261/2004 (denied boarding and flight disruption), any liability we may have to you under our contract with you, arising out of the same facts, is limited to the remedies provided under the Regulation as if (for this purpose only) we were a carrier.
- When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause 17 that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any
- which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you;
- relate to any business;
- indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- Where it is impossible for you to return to your departure point as per the agreed return date of your package, due to “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, we shall provide you with any necessary accommodation (where possible, of a comparable standard) for a period not exceeding three nights per person. Please note that the 3 night cap does not apply to persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women or unaccompanied minors, nor to persons needing specific medical assistance, provided we have been notified of these particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday. For the purposes of this clause 17, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your contracted arrangements with us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
Please Note: This clause 19 only applies to customers that reside in a country within the European Economic Area. If you do not reside within the European Economic Area, this clause will not apply.
We provide financial security for flight-inclusive packages and ATOL protected flights by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 6589, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR, UK, telephone 0333 103 6350, email: email@example.com.
When you buy an ATOL protected product from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our flight inclusive arrangements includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices. Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom and European Economic Area (EEA).
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays which don’t include flights, by way of insolvency cover with ASUA, trading as Atlas Voyage Secure, company number 3252689, of Alpi House, Suite 2, East Wing, 2nd Floor, Miles Gray Road, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3HJ, UK, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: (+44) 0203 327 0555, who arranges the insolvency policy on behalf of Syndicate 033 at Lloyd’s, managed by Hiscox Syndicates Limited of 1 Great St Helen’s, London EC3A 6HX.
If you book arrangements other than package holiday from us, your monies will not be financially protected. Please ask us for further details.
Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements & Health Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfill the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports.
Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check https://uk.usembassy.gov. For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.
Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit https://www.gov.uk/travelaware
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling,
We do not accept any responsibility if you are delayed, cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your holiday are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
If, whilst you are on holiday, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements. Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier, airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.
Delays, Missed Transport Arrangements and other Travel Information
If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact us and the airline or other transport supplier concerned immediately.
Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority at www.caa.co.uk/passengers. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. If, for any reason, you do not claim against the airline and make a claim for compensation from us, you must, at the time of payment of any compensation to you, make a complete assignment to us of the rights you have against the airline in relation to the claim that gives rise to that compensation payment. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 12 of these Booking Conditions (which includes the behaviour ofany passenger(s) on any flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time).
The carrier(s), flight timings and types of aircraft shown in this brochure or on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. We shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of it. The latest flight timings will be shown on your tickets which will be despatched to you approximately two weeks before departure. You should check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. If flight times change after tickets have been dispatched we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know.
Please note the existence of a “Community list” (available for inspection at https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban_en) detailing air carriers that are subject to an operating ban with the EU Community.
This brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
Advance Passenger Information
Foreign Office Advice
You are responsible for making yourself aware of government travel advice and Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Events Beyond our Control (see clause 12).
By confirming an option with Blue O Two, you are agreeing to the following terms. Should you require an extension on the option, please ensure that you contact our team before the option expiry date. The period of time that an option is permitted is at the discretion of Blue O Two. Releasing and reholding an option to extend the deadline is not permitted and may result in the option being cancelled without warning. Blue O Two cannot be held liable for options that are released automatically, according to the deadline printed on the confirmation.
Client Trust Account
Blue O Two maintains a client trust account with Barclays into which it shall deposit all payments it receives against bookings to depart in the future for liveaboard only packages. In the event of financial failure, the nominated trustee shall ensure that all funds are reimbursed to the relevant customers. Funds are released to Blue O Two only upon, or after, the departure of the relevant trip. For the avoidance of doubt, this Clause does not apply where Blue O Two acts as a supplier selling liveaboard accommodation to another business, entity or person/s which then acts as principal travel organiser in the sale of such services to a consumer residing in the EEA. This clause is only applicable for direct customers residing within the European Economic Area and booking directly with Blue 02 Ltd, trading as Blue O Two.
Egypt Offers August 2021
- The promotion applies only to three sailings and runs from 20th August 2021.
- The promotion includes: Blue Adventurer, 24/09/2021; Blue Melody, 10/09/2021; Blue Horizon 13/09/2021.
- Options will be permitted on these sailings. New options created during the sale will be held for a maximum of 48 hours and we must be provided with the name of the traveller to secure the space. This is to avoid customers holding multiple spaces with different agents. If we do not receive payment or proof of payment within 48 hours, the space will be released. No option extensions will be permitted.
- All enquiries and bookings will be handled in chronological order, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bookings and options online can be made 24/7. Bookings and options can be made in person during normal office hours of 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
- To secure a booking, 50% of the full balance is payable at the time of the booking; final balance is due 30 days prior to departure. We either need payment or proof of payment to confirm the booking.
- Bookings are for new bookings only. Existing credit cannot be used against Egypt sale bookings.
- If you make a booking and we need to reschedule it to depart on or after 1st January 2022, your credit is not eligible for a price match on like for like bookings.
- These promotional bookings may not be combined with any other special offer.
- These promotional bookings may not be combined with any further discount – this includes Loyalty Club, BSAC Discount and BSAC Kickback Scheme.
- Group bookings will be accepted and our normal group booking policies applies. To secure a group booking we need the Lead Passenger name and 50% deposit payment . FOC spaces may only be redeemed within the same booking reference.
- Sailings may be removed from the promotion at any time and without notice.