This policy sets out how Scuba Tours Worldwide Ltd, a company registered in England No. 13530540 and whose registered office is 30 Gay Street, Bath BA1 2PA ("Scuba Tours Worldwide Ltd", "We", "Us" and "Our") uses and protects any information that you provide when you use either our website or book services through us, but ONLY when you have granted us explicit permission to do so.
Scuba Tours Worldwide Ltd trades with various partners and to whom we may be required to pass along personal data to process so that they can provide you with your dive experience and the arrangements you require.
Information about you
How We Use Your Data
(1) We may disclose your information to our service providers (who could be located outside the UK/EEA) for the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc. Only information necessary for this purpose will be disclosed to them. For air travel, it may be a mandatory requirement (imposed on airlines by governments at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
(2) We may use your information for the purposes set out in our data protection registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our "group companies" (i.e. our holding companies and all group companies of our holding companies, some of which are outside the UK/EEA) for business purposes. We may also disclose your information to companies who act as "data processors" on our behalf. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, assessing customer purchasing preferences, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection. If we search against the files of credit reference agencies, they will record the search and hence the way in which you conduct your account with us may be shared with other lenders and credit agencies.
(3) Some of your information may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2016) . (For example, information relating to health or religion.) We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent - we will do all that is reasonably practicable to draw this to your attention when you first supply us with your information, or at the next available opportunity. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. For example, if your illness at resort is infectious we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
(4) Your information will be stored within our booking system and our CRM both pre and post trip. Should you wish to know more about the systems we use to process this information or would like to have this data removed once your holiday booking has been completed, please contact the Data Protection Manager using DPM@blueotwo.com. Please note the 'Right' to removal / erasure is not absolute, there are obligations upon us as a Company to retain various data for various reasons, HMRC, 1998 DPA, PADI, insurance restrictions etc, which may mean we may not be legally able to remove ALL your data depending on particular circumstances.
If you do not agree to our use of your information, regrettably we will be unable to accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group of companies.
(2) You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (e-mail, SMS or e-brochure) on our website(s) or forms, or to our staff at point of contact.
(3) You may, in addition, indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material by post.
(4) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of "Your Rights" below.
(1) You have the right to ask in writing by completing our Data Subject Access Request form for a copy of the information we hold about you and to request us to correct any inaccuracies you notice in the information we hold about you. in your information.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. If the following facilities are available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), using our "unsubscribe e-mail" or in literature which you subsequently return to us. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), please note controls on data protection in such countries (for a detailed list please refer to the ICO website at ICO.org.uk may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. However we have required our suppliers and partners to apply the same security with regard to your personal data as we do.
Use of "cookies" and links to other websites
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use "cookies".
Most websites use some form of cookies at the moment. These files usually contain data like the site's name and a unique user ID. Most commercial websites use them, whether they are banks, online publishers, blogs or e-commerce. They are used a wide variety of purposes such as website analytics - counting visitors and their behaviour , targeted advertising, recording user preferences or for authentication.
As you will see some are essential for the effective working of the website itself, deleting these can mean the site will no longer work for you. There are also statistical and marketing cookies aka "Preference" cookies, these allow you to do things such as access our site in the language of your choice, so you probably not want to turn these off.
Finally there are statistical / marketing cookies, these are where the EU and the ICO believe you should have the ability to consent to each cookie in your session individually, as they are not essential to your visit to do things on our site, like booking your diving experience. So here we tell you what they are and how you can, for now and until the new website is launched, turn them off.
Links on our website
Some links on our site lead to external websites operated by our selected suppliers or partners or other third party websites. We endeavour to review the content on the websites to which we provide links to, but cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability or security of these websites. Your access and use of these websites will be subject to the terms and conditions of those websites. Blue O Two are not responsible for the content of the third party sites.
These sites may send you cookies and collect data and personal information. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites to which our website(s) may link.
These sites may not be members of ABTA and, if not, ABTA protection will not be available.
It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
Aggregated Customer Information
We collect information relating to customer trends and patterns. This information is often used in its aggregate form. We, including our group companies, may disclose aggregate statistics about enquiries made, visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, purchasers, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. No personally identifying information is disclosed.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record:
(1) your telephone calls to us
(2) customer activities using CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises, to include dive boats to comply with maritime safety law
(3) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
You may withdraw consent for us to contact you, or for us to use your information for marketing purposes at any time. In order for us to stop contacting you with marketing materials you may click 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of any one our newsletters at any point. This will remove you from all future mailings. Alternatively, you may e-mail us on the above e-mail address or write a letter requesting removal to :
Write: DPM, STW Ltd, 30 Gay Street, Bath BA1 2PAJX
Our Privacy is reviewed regularly so keep coming back to see what has changed. The latest copy of this notice will always be posted on this page along with the date of the last update.